Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Friday!

It's Friday night, and I'm curled up on the couch with Abby and Nate watching The Grinch (the non-cartoon version).  (Emma is at a friend's house having a sleepover, so I just have the little ones tonight.)  I love this.  We're in our pajamas. Lots of snuggling.  Talking over each other in an effort to tell me everything that's happened in the past week.  Commenting on the movie we've probably seen 50 times.  I love this moment:  the beginning of a new week with them.  I love that they are still young enough to snuggle. I love hearing their stories.

We have so much to do this weekend:  put up the Christmas trees, assemble the Christmas train under the tree, make Christmas cookies....

But for now, we are snuggling, watching a familiar movie, and enjoying the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you had that special time with Nate & Abby. Sounds like a busy, but fun Saturday. I'm going to call Emma so I can hear about her orchestra concert. I'm so sorry I had to miss it this year.
Grandmom